Custom made for WPI! Head stud kit for aluminium block BMW M57 diesels made in 230,000psi yield material. Includes studs, nuts, washers, and lube. OAL stud length is 9.187" and will not fit iron block M57 engines. The studs are made by Optitorque Technologies in New York, USA.
Whitbread Performance M57 Head Stud Installation Instructions
- Clean the block threads out with compressed air to ensure no oil or coolant is trapped in the bottom of the hole.
- Install the studs into the block with a 3/16" allen and stop turning as soon as the stud bottoms out. There should be no torque applied to the stud.
- Lubricate both sides of the washers and the threads inside the nut with supplied lube.
- Tighten in OEM pattern first to 40lb/ft, then 80lb/ft, then to 120lb/ft following the OEM pattern with each torque sequence.
- If replacing the OEM head bolts one at a time, torque the stud to straight to 110lb/ft after removing the OEM head bolt. Once all OEM bolts are replaced, in the pattern pictured below, torque the studs up to 120lb/ft.