Aquamist HFS4 V3.1
In keeping with the excellent integration with the Di engines, the latest HFS4-v3.1 is packed
with even more capabilities.
An additional AUX input (0-5V) allows the system to alter flow based on air, exhaust temperature or air fuel ratio. If one of signals exceeds a pre-set level, failsafe will be triggered to protect your engine. The standard turbine flow sensor based failsafe remains.
A “Fast Acting Valve” (FAV) controls the delivery rate based on a PWM signal from the
HF4 controller. The FAV enables superior linearity and atomization across the entire injec-
tion range. A constant line pressure (160 psi) is provided by an Aquatec pump working
in the “by-pass” mode. This method is very similar to the conventional fuel injection sys-
tems, allowing wide dynamic range and lighten responses to engine load.
The combination of quality components, superior method of delivery and a precision Di
signal decoding algorithm, the HFS4-v3 remains to be the most advanced and capable
water/methanol injection system in the world to date.
Lastly, we have oulined a capability and price comparison chart here against some popular brands.
User manual: version3 (serial no. 121500 on)
User manual (April 2015 on): version3.1 (serial no. 121750 on)
User manual (April 2017 on): version3.12 (serial no. 122228 on)
Choosing water/methanol flow for your application:
- 100% water: 10-15% water/fuel ratio or 0-5-1cc per BHP
- M50/W50: 15-20% MW/fuel ratio or 1-1.5cc per BHP
- 100% methanol: 20-25% methanol/fuel ratio or 1.5-2cc per BHP
Selecting the correct jet or jets for the required flow:
- Calculate the "true" pressure by subtract the 160psi pump pressure by the "boost" pressure
- Select the jet or jets from "true" pressure from the chart below (compensated).
- Always pick the next size up or allow 10-15% more to allow more headroom.
Notes on Direct Port application:
- Divide the final flow amongst the DP jets
- Allow one extra jet for IAT cooling, normally twice the size of the DP jet. (re-calculate DP jet)
- Ideally the DP jet should have an external or internal check valve to minimise vacuum induced after-spray.
- Insert an "high pressure inline filter" before the FAV to minmise the risk of clogging.
- Order extra jet adaptors (806-357N) - Std. kit comes with two.
- Recommend using the aquamist Hex Manifold. (comes standard with all compression fittings)
- Optional PTFE (4mm) is optional but ideal for combating the heat in the engine compartment. Essential for track or rally events
- Keep hose run to the DP jets as short as possible. Not necessarily need to be "equal" length.
- Contact aquamist for your unique application before ordering.